Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Day 3: OH! The Hangover.

I woke up to the alarm this morning feeling quite rested, but then I hit the snooze a few ten times and didn't feel so rested when I finally rolled out of bed. After my shower, I got a case of the woozies. Just like a hangover. I dry-heaved a few times (that happened on Monday, too), then I felt a little better. I still feel woozy. I'm glad I didn't skip breakfast because I think that would have made things much worse.
  • Breakfast changed from the meal plan. I had two eggs fried in ghee, half a green pepper, and some strawberries. I tried coffee with coconut milk, cinnamon, and nutmeg. It's not coffee. It's something else. Like faux-chai. I drank it, but I didn't love it. Maybe I will in time...
  • 11:30 AM... I keep thinking of my semi-regular breakfast of a blueberry muffin from Dunkin Donuts. Dang those are good. I'm dreaming of Day 31. I'll have a good breakfast and add half a muffin, maybe. 
  • Lunch was good. I had tuna (mixed with Whole30 compliant mayo), spinach, and carrot salad, a cup of cantaloupe, and some orange vanilla seltzer. I felt much better, although I still craved a snack. Not because I was hungry. Just because it's habit, and I was bored.
  • For dinner, we had leftover slow cooker beef. I really, really didn't want to eat it, but I needed to eat something. Skipping a meal is not compliant. I had it warmed up with a little extra beef broth and served it over spinach. Yummmmm. Next time I will definitely make more sweet potatoes to go with. For "dessert," I had bananas and strawberries with coconut milk. Yummmmmm. Thumbs up, Dinner!
Notes:
I almost skipped breakfast, but instead opted to be late for work. My boss noticed and told me to send her an updated list of my sick/personal time. Doh.

I really like spinach! I used to think it made me gassy, but there is no such thing happening. I've gone through a whole bag of it already.

I was extremely tired and yucky all day. Thoughts of bread and muffins were very torturous today.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this experience, Melissa! I've been thinking of you this week and wondering, so today I finally got on to see updates. I'm proud of you and feeling inspired. Perhaps I'll try in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The key, it seems, is to have the right food close at hand and to have meal plan.

    ReplyDelete