Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Whole30 Two: Day 1

  • Breakfast: Two HB eggs, a handful of baby carrots, a thumb's-worth of pistachio meats (Trader Joe's has these for a fair price.) Coffee, black.
  • Lunch: Spinach salad with two HB eggs, carrots, leftover steamed broccoli and cauliflower, 1/2 avocado. Terra Exotic Vegetable chips (1 serving).
  • Dinner: [Anticipated] Chicken cutlets (made with coconut flour and fried in coconut oil), boiled & mashed sweet potatoes w/ghee. 
    [Edit: I had the cutlets and canned green beans instead of sweet potatoes. I prefer breadcrumbs to coconut flour, but it was good in it's own way.]

Notes:

I'm starting a day later than I'd planned to, because I went to breakfast with T's grandma yesterday, and there really wasn't anything compliant on the menu. So I enjoyed eggs and home fries and cinnamon raisin toast... and later chocolate coconut milk ice cream, macaroni and cheese, cheese pizza, etc.

Quick little inventory on things that are bothering my body, going into this:
  • Intermittent stomach sensitivity because of either an allergic reaction or a 24-hour stomach flu last Wednesday, compounded by a cough and congestion. For about a week since, I've had a sour stomach and occasional waves of nausea. Antacids have made me upchuck.
  • Chronic (compulsive?) yawning for about a week, maybe because of the congestion.
  • My self-esteem is rather in the dumps, along with my energy level.

No comments:

Post a Comment