Thursday, January 23, 2014

Whole30 Two: Day 2

  • Breakfast: Two egg omelet, with leftover steamed broccoli and cauliflower, a thumb's-worth of pistachio meats. 2 cups of coffee, black.
  • Lunch: Spinach salad with leftover chicken cutlet, carrots, leftover broccoli and cauliflower, and compliant balsamic vinegar. 1/2 cherry pie Lara bar. 
  • Snack: Lightly salted roasted almonds. They were not 100% compliant because roasted in vegetable oil.
  • Dinner: One chicken apple sausage (not 100% compliant because contained fruit juice as a sweetener), green beans, handful of pistachios, banana. I made tuna melts with cucumber slices for the family.

Notes:

It was quite difficult to decide to do this second round of Whole30, but now that I'm doing it, it feels easy(-ish). I'm allowing myself little cheats, so long as I mostly comply.


I see Lola intently watching me eat, so I make a big deal about how delicious my food is. Even though she says, "I don't like eggs. I don't like broccoli," I am pleased that she is observing me. That is one of my biggest motivators when doing this Whole30 business.
My stomach is feeling better overall, but I had a sour stomach after dinner last night.
Still lots of yawns/caught breaths. Probably related to residual sinus congestion.

Cravings for sweets really kicked in in the afternoon and evening. I've really been over-indulging in sweets for a couple of months, so this makes sense. I had a banana and that nipped the craving in the bud last night.

I went to bed around 10 and had a bit of trouble falling asleep. I've been thinking back to my first few months of motherhood, which were extremely difficult for me, so a few of my lowest moments kept hounding me. Regrets. I have a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment