Thursday, September 5, 2013

Day 10: The Hardest Days, Day 1

The timeline describes how I'm feeling pretty well.
  • Breakfast in the car: 2 boiled eggs, 1-1/2 roasted beets, banana, tea.
  • Spinach salad magnificado (with tuna). I'm going to have to switch things up before I start hating spinach, but for now, it's my favorite go-to lunch.
  • Tim made steak tips tonight. He did  his the usual way, with a marinade concocted of 15 different things, and he seasoned mine with s&p and garlic powder. I'm sure his were delicious, but mine were, too. I had sweet potatoes and a Cherry Pie Lara bar. 

Notes:
My motivation is changing. Originally, I was in it to feel sharper and healthier. Now I'm in it to show some gd self-discipline. Then, I'm going to say to my husband, "Honey, I gave up sugar - SUGAR - for a month. Surely you could give up smoking for a month." No... I won't say that, but I do hope he'll draw that inspiration from my challenge.

I went to Trader Joe's this weekend and was surprised to see all of the junk that people were buying. Whole30 is changing the way I think about what real food looks like. Just because it's organic doesn't mean it's real food.



  

2 comments:

  1. I hear you on the gd self-discipline. I have a bad habit of feeling like I deserve a treat for any good behavior. I'm so impressed that you've made it to day 10 and that you're still going strong. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marie! I'm hanging by a thread sometimes, but I'm still going! I'm happy to hear you're going to try a 30 day booze fast!

    ReplyDelete