Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Day 9: For the love of Gosling, my pants are TIGHTER, II

Yep. My pants *are* tighter. It's okay. I'm just rollin' with it.

  • Breakfast: My last turkey sausage and roasted beets. Tea. What? Beets for breakfast?! Yep.
  • Lunch: Spinach salad awesomeness. We had a new student gathering today, and we ordered in all sorts of sandwiches and wraps. There were chips and cookies and sodas. Wow. I couldn't have ANY of it. Later, there was another reception at a bar. I brought in a chai tea (just chai) and nursed it in the corner while everyone else got drunk. It's probably a good thing. Last year, a few sips of rum & Coke got me a little too loose and chatty. (Not that kind of loose. You know what I mean, right?)
  • Dinner: I got home late, and Tim and Lo had had a frozen cheese pizza. They left all the crusts on their plates. Normally, I would eat up all their crusts (and half a pizza, yep, gross), but I just... gulp... threw it all out. I fixed myself some tuna with mayo and a Mrs. Dash of lemon pepper (I love that lady) and warmed up some leftover spaghetti squash with a good dollop of ghee. I enjoy the squash more without pasta sauce. It is not pasta. Then I had a bite of a Cashew Cookie Lara bar. It was not awesome, so a bite was all I needed.
Notes:

I'm NOT feeling sharp yet. I was totally dazed and confused today. I'm in it for the sharpness. It better happen.
I find that now that I'm not snacking, missed or late meals are a bad idea. Having a late dinner was difficult tonight. I had to give Lo a bath before I ate, and I was all stumbly on the stairs. I should have put Lo to bed right away after, but I let her play so I could eat. She came up to me and asked what I was eating. She never wants to try it, but I know she's seeing it. I do not love spaghetti squash as much as I love other squashes, but I made sure it looked like I loved it.
I'm peeing beet.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh beet pee is the weirdest! Every first time again, it scares the mess out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here. All day I've been "WTF" and then a couple seconds later "OH THE BEETS."

    ReplyDelete